Food Made Good is looking for a Membership and Project Assistant – please do take a look at the role description below and get in touch if you feel this is the role for you!
Membership and Projects Assistant
- Wong Chuk Hang
- 5 days per week
- 3 months fixed-term contract with potential to be made permanent
About Food Made Good
Food Made Good HK is a social enterprise and membership organisation helping restaurants become more sustainable and diners make more sustainable choices when dining out. Our members include a broad range of foodservice providers and suppliers, including neighborhood favourites, high street chains, pubs, workplace canteens to Michelin-starred fine dining restaurants.
Our mission is to help foodservice businesses to operate more sustainably, and our vision is that by doing so at scale, we can create a sustainable food system. Our core value is turning passion into action.
Our Headquarters are in London, and we also have offices in Japan and Greece.
About the team
We are a small yet agile team of five in Hong Kong who have a diverse range of backgrounds, from food policy, nutritional, sustainable development and economics, but most importantly we are all passionate about changing the food landscape in Hong Kong. As a small start up, we have to take a flexible approach, and support each other to be a fast-acting high-performing team. We also work closely with the global Food Made Good team, especially the London HQ.
About the Role
The Membership and Projects Assistant plays an essential role which spans across our membership and project (consultancy) services.
The membership function at Food Made Good is focused on two goals: working with as many of our members as possible and creating measurable change in their businesses. We help our member restaurants source food more sustainably, manage resources more efficiently and work more closely with their community.
The post-holder will ensure membership services are delivered to a high quality to our vibrant community of food service providers and suppliers. You will play a part in making the community a thriving place that delivers value to members by driving engagement and ensuring that members benefit from the resources and services available, in turn ensuring annual renewal of membership.
The projects function at Food Made Good is focused on designing and delivering high quality consultancy services which support our clients address challenges in their business relating to one of more of the areas with our framework.
The post-holder will assist the Sustainability Strategist on the delivery of consultancy work. This can also include desk research on topics relating to our framework, the analysis of data and the writing and design of sustainability reports and other communications resources. In addition, when delivering projects, there may be requirements to deliver live interpretation into Cantonese at workshops.
More generally, the post-holder will understand the challenges facing the food system or be willing to learn quickly on the topic, and will be ambitious in your articulation of the solutions. You are passionate about helping people understand the positive impact that we can have on the planet through the food we choose to put on our plates, and you are interested in sharing knowledge, ideas, resources and solutions.
Core activities and responsibilities:
- Promote and encourage existing and new member engagement; getting them on-board, delivering value and maximising their experience, ultimately ensuring member satisfaction
- Drive member collaboration and participation both online and through our programme of events
- Manage the day-to-day functionality of the online community platform, ensuring it is a vibrant and collaborative platform actively used by both food service providers and suppliers.
- Help to develop improvements to the online community and actively contribute to decisions over technology, strategy and aims
- Prompt and encourage content development within the community, including discussions, replies and responses, and the management of member-generated content
- Undertake high-quality research (in to sustainability topics pertinent to our framework) and analysis of audit data
- Support the project team with the development of resources for clients, such as the write up of workshops, the production of project materials and reports
- Support the project team secure new business by assisting with the preparation of pitches, bringing in ideas at top-level concept development through to the creation of presentations
- Ongoing project administration to ensure our work is delivered effectively and to a high standard
- Assist in general team administrative tasks (e.g. maintenance of the website, scheduling newsletters)
- Translation of materials
- Represent the organisation with professionalism at external events
Skills and Experience Required
- Undergraduate Degree – Disciplines such as Food Policy, Environmental Governance, Public Health, Psychology, Marketing or a Food and Nutritional Science discipline will be advantageous
- Previous experience in a customer-facing position, ideally delivering a commercial service to a variety of clients
- Excellent interpersonal and (written and verbal) communication skills
- Strong research skills, and the ability to analyse data with an eye for detail
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a wider wider
- Excellent command of both verbal and written English and Chinese (translation will be required)
- Must have a strong passion and interest in both the food sector and sustainability
- Proficiency in Google Suite and MS Office applications
- A Proactive nature, with a willingness to learn and be solutions-focused
- Masters level study
- Proficiency in layout software (Adobe suite) is advantageous
- Experience using IT software: Salesforce, WordPress, MailChimp
- Experience working in the foodservice sector in Hong Kong
Applicants should send an application to firstname.lastname@example.org, which should consist of:
- Detailed resume, including contact details (max 2 sides)
- Cover Letter outlining why you want to work for Food Made Good and why you are a suitable candidate (max 1 side)
- An onsite task will be administered prior to the interview and delivered as part of the interview process
- Candidates not invited for interviews within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and the applications will be disposed of by FMG HK within 12 months.
- Closing date: Extended to 14 January 2021
- Expected start date: 1 February 2021
For any questions relating to the role, please contact email@example.com
Committed to attracting and retaining a diverse team, Food Made Good will consider your experiences, perspectives and unique identity. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming where cultural diversity is celebrated and valued. Diversity is a core value of Food Made Good HK.