FOOD MADE GOOD IS HIRING !
Food Made Good is looking for a Communications & Campaigns Executive – please do take a look at the role description below and get in touch if you feel this is the role for you!
Communications & Campaigns Executive
- Wong Chuk Hang
- 5 days per week
- 3 months fixed-term contract with potential to be made permanent
About Food Made Good
Food Made Good HK is a social enterprise and membership organisation helping restaurants become more sustainable and diners make more sustainable choices when dining out. Our members include a broad range of foodservice providers and suppliers, including neighborhood favourites, high street chains, pubs, workplace canteens to Michelin-starred fine dining restaurants.
Our mission is to help foodservice businesses to operate more sustainably, and our vision is that by doing so at scale, we can create a sustainable food system. Our core value is turning passion into action.
Our Headquarters are in London, and we also have offices in Japan and Greece.
About the team
We are a small yet agile team of five in Hong Kong who have a diverse range of backgrounds, from food policy, nutritional, sustainable development and economics, but most importantly we are all passionate about changing the food landscape in Hong Kong. As a small start up, we have to take a flexible approach, and support each other to be a fast-acting high-performing team. We also work closely with the global Food Made Good team, especially the London HQ.
About the Role
The Communications & Campaigns Executive will support the team on all B2B and B2C content which is being produced, to ensure that it is on brand, and positively raises the profile of Food Made Good, our members and our partners, as well as contributing to our wider business objectives. You will support internal working groups, manage communications projects to schedule and continuously look for opportunities to improve the engagement
and reach of our communications.
The post-holder will have some experience and support the execution and the delivery of various
campaigns across Hong Kong and Singapore, in partnership with external stakeholders, creating exciting
activations to engage chefs and diners, taking responsibility for the coordination and reporting back to
stakeholders. The post-holder will also look for opportunities to market Food Made Good to both the industry and to consumers, by nurturing relationships with key stakeholders across the sector.
Core activities and responsibilities:
The Communications and Campaigns Executive is an enthusiastic and highly motivated professional who
is organised, a great communicator, quick learner, and a self-starter. You are mission-driven and
passionate about telling the Food Made Good story.
More generally, you will be ambitious in your articulation of the solutions. You are passionate about
helping people understand the positive impact that we can have on the planet through the food we
choose to put on our plates, and you are interested in sharing knowledge, ideas, resources and solutions.
Knowledge of the food sector is desirable but not a priority.
Reports To: CEO, Hong Kong
● Support the the design and execution of a campaign plan, including social and digital
communications and in-person activations. Ensure that the plan is strategically aligned to our
objectives and lead the reporting back to project stakeholders.
● Organise and support on the weekly Communications Working Group, ensuring that the
Communications Calendar is kept up to date, content is scheduled in and key stakeholders are
regularly engaged for input.
● Coordinate the development of all organisational communications including social and digital
channels and the fortnightly newsletter, drawing on insights to increase engagement levels and
ensuring there is a clear narrative.
● Engage with freelance translators to ensure that all necessary digital content is translated in a
timely manner and in the correct tone of voice.
● Manage the Food Made Good website and ensure that we are driving traffic towards it.
● Work collaboratively with key colleagues (mainly Account Manager, Events Manager and
Sustainability Strategist) to deliver on team needs to market Food Made Good’s member services
● Identify opportunities with Account Manager to promote and highlight member achievements and
Gold Tier (high resource) members across owned and partner platforms.
● Draw on industry insights and research to develop and execute a marketing plan (to complement
the existing communications plan), in order to reinforce Food Made Good’s position in the
industry and support new business opportunities.
● Manage the day-to-day functionality of the online community platform, ensuring it is a vibrant and
collaborative platform actively used by both food service providers and suppliers.
● Prompt and encourage content development within the community, including discussions, replies
and responses, and the management of member-generated content.
● Engage with key external communications stakeholders – e.g journalists and agencies,
proactively identifying opportunities to raise the profile of Food Made Good and CEO
● Line manage Content Intern, ensuring that there is high quality content being produced, and the
Intern is coached and provided with feedback for improvement.
Skills and Experience Required
○ 2+ years of experience in a marketing/communications role
○ Digitally savvy with a strong understanding of latest digital innovation and trends
○ Undergraduate Degree – social sciences and marketing discipline will be advantageous
○ Excellent organisational skills
○ Excellent interpersonal and (written and verbal) communication skills
○ An eye for detail, with strong proofing skills
○ Experience in layout software, Photoshop, Illustrator, Canva, WordPress, MailChimp
○ The ability to work both independently and as part of a wider team
○ Must have a strong passion and interest in both the food sector and sustainability
○ Proficiency in Google Suite and MS Office applications
○ A proactive nature, with a willingness to learn and be solutions-focussed
○ International experience
○ Experience developing marketing and communications strategies
○ Experience executing multi-platform campaigns and evaluating performance
○ Experience using CRM such as Salesforce
○ Experience working in the foodservice sector in Hong Kong
Applicants should send an application to firstname.lastname@example.org, which should consist of:
- Detailed resume, including contact details (max 2 sides)
- Cover Letter outlining why you want to work for Food Made Good and why you are a suitable candidate (max 1 side)
- An onsite task will be administered prior to the interview and delivered as part of the interview process
- Candidates not invited for interviews within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and the applications will be disposed of by FMG HK within 12 months.
- Closing date: Extended to 15 June 2021
For any questions relating to the role, please contact email@example.com
Committed to attracting and retaining a diverse team, Food Made Good will consider your experiences, perspectives and unique identity. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming where cultural diversity is celebrated and valued. Diversity is a core value of Food Made Good HK.
Interested in more?
6 steps to turning messy ideas into concrete next steps with The British Chamber of Commerce3rd November
From Healthy Kids Menu to Asian-Inspired Delights: SpiceBox Organics Revamps Catering Services, Championing Sustainability and Clean Eating in Hong Kong12th October