MARKETING COORDINATOR FOR FUTURE GREEN GLOBAL
This is a fantastic opportunity for a results-driven and hands-on individual to join our team at Future Green.
We are Asia’s go-to food sustainability consultancy for sustainability professionals working with the food and beverage industry. At Future Green, we give our Members and Partners a platform to deliver sustainability projects in a credible and engaging manner and to create a knowledge-first experience for their audiences.
This role is remote, with company headquarters in Wong Chuk Hang, Hong Kong. This position is on a contract basis for 1 year with an option to renew.
This position is suited for someone familiar with a fast-paced startup work environment with a lot of opportunities for learning and mentoring.
As the Marketing Coordinator, you will work closely with a small, agile team and report directly to the founder, Heidi Yu Spurrell. We are looking for a talented person who is interested in going above and beyond to take our marketing to the next level.
You will do this by coordinating, planning, and executing marketing campaigns across multiple media channels to generate leads, acquire new customers, and retain existing customers.
Your job will be to take the strategic guidance and make it a reality with tactical implementation and execution.
The ability to organise, plan, and structure your workload in an autonomous fashion will be absolutely key to your success in this role. You’ll have a lot of freedom in this role, but also a lot of responsibility. We expect you to take 100% ownership of the results you produce.
THE SIX NON-NEGOTIABLES OF THIS ROLE ARE
- Copywriting. You’ll be crafting direct marketing campaigns across email, direct mail, web and social media. Your written skills need to be excellent, and we will expect to see samples of your previous work.
- Being tech-savvy. You don’t need to be a technical expert, but you must be tech-savvy and be able to quickly learn how to use new marketing tools and technologies. While we don’t expect you to know all of the tools we use, we do expect you to be comfortable with them and able to pick up the concepts. Your daily tools of the trade will be CRM/CMS (Zoho), email marketing (ConvertKit), editing tools (Adobe Creative Cloud, Canva), Slack and Zoom for communications, etc.
- Leadership potential. Initially, you’ll be our only in-house marketing person, but as you hit goals, we fully expect this role to morph into a marketing team leader role where you will manage a team of marketing assistants.
- Project management. Ideally, you’ve had experience in project management. A large part of this role is creating and adhering to deadlines, drafting budgets, and moving simultaneous projects forward to completion.
- Being teachable and coachable. There will be a LOT of learning on the job as we do marketing very differently. There is no place here for know-it-alls. We hire based primarily on attitude.
- Being a self-starter. Goals will be clearly defined from the outset. Often, it will be your job to determine what needs to happen, when, and how. The attitude of continually starting things on your own is very important.
PERKS & DETAILS OF THE JOB
- This is a completely remote position, so you’ll have the ability to create your own schedule.
- Flexible work hours (though irregular hours may be expected based on working with different time zones). We require a minimum overlap of 4 hours with Hong Kong time.
- Gain management and marketing experience through trainings and coaching.
- This role starts at 20 hours per week with the potential for full-time after an initial period.
- Salary expectation of $2,000 – $3,000 USD per month depending on experience.
- This role requires English at a native proficiency.
- No sustainability experience required.
DAY-TO-DAY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Developing and executing email marketing campaigns and managing a CRM platform: Write, schedule, and manage emails, automations, and workflows. Build out email marketing campaigns, sequences, and newsletters. These channels include but are not limited to social media (LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Youtube), email, affiliate partners, and video.
- Create and manage content calendar: Develop a content plan, create, schedule, and analyse content. Build high-value content assets and repurpose them across media channels. Manage the company’s social media presence, including creating and posting content, responding to comments, and monitoring metrics.
- Coordinating with other departments, sponsors, and partners: Coordinate marketing activities with other departments, such as sales, product development, and customer service, to ensure that marketing initiatives align with overall business objectives. Coordinate sponsorships and partnerships with other organisations to increase brand awareness and reach new audiences.
- Optimise marketing systems and processes from top-of-funnel awareness through to customer acquisition. Optimise the customer experience and increase customer lifetime value.
- Writing and editing marketing copy for various channels such as social media, email, and website content. These channels include but are not limited to SEO-optimised blog content, social media (LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Youtube), email, affiliate partners, and video.
- Tracking KPIs and campaign performance: Weekly tracking of key metrics related to marketing activities, performance of marketing campaigns and initiatives, including monitoring metrics such as website traffic, leads generated, and customer engagement.
- Creating and managing project timelines to ensure that campaigns and initiatives are completed on time.
- Coordinating and executing offline and online events, such as trade shows, conferences, webinars, and product launches for lead generation.
- Video production: Coordinating and managing video content and production pipeline, managing videographer, and scheduling video content. Basic video editing skills a plus!
- Graphic design and developing marketing materials: Designing lead magnets, resources, content, brochures, and landing pages.
The application deadline is the 15th of February 2024.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this position, send your CV to Heidi Spurrell at firstname.lastname@example.org along with approximately 400 words on why Future Green and why this role interests you.
Get our Newsletter stories on food sustainability!