PUNAM’S RECIPES – CURRY CHICKPEA SALAD AND ZESTY SUMMER SPROUT SALAD
Curry Chickpea Salad
- 500 g Chickpeas (cooked) -Soak 300g chickpeas overnight and boil the next day. It will yield around 500g of cooked chickpeas after soaking. Alternately one can use BPA free pre canned chickpeas.
- 3 tablespoons Olive oil or coconut oil
- ½-1 Onion, finely chopped
- 5 g Fresh Ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon SpiceBox Organics Channa Masala SpiceBlend
- 1 tablespoon organic turmeric powder
- 1 cup Zucchini, diced
- 1 cup Cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 cup Broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1-3 tablespoon Lemon juice
- Himalayan pink salt to taste
- 150 g Cucumber, chopped
- 10 Cherry tomatoes, half cuts
- Heat the olive oil in a medium sized frying pan and sauté the onion and ginger until golden and soft.
- Add SpiceBox Organics Channa Masala SpiceBlend, organic turmeric powder, and vegetables and sauté for 2 minutes. ( add a bit of water to soften)
- Add chickpeas and stir to combine.
- Season to taste with salt, and lemon juice.
- Add to serving dish and garnish with chopped cucumber and tomatoes. Enjoy it as a main meal or as a side.
Zesty Summer Sprout Salad
- 120 grams x mixed sprouting beans
- 100gr Broccoli
- 1 x cup chopped celery
- 1 x cup chopped Carrot
- 1 x cup chopped Onion
- 1 x cup Cucumber
- 1 x cup Cherry tomatoes
- 1 x cup chopped Red cabbage
- 1 x tbsp finely cut Ginger
- 5 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 x tsp Mustard Powder
- Pink Himalayan Salt to taste
- First you have to Sprout the mixed sprouting beans or buy sprouted beans (available at SpiceBox Organics)
- Once the sprouts are ready, rinse them in water
- Blanche the sprouts in a frying pan with some hot water and once the water has evaporated slowly start adding all your cut vegetables in the frying pan.
- Add in your spices, cumin powder and mustard powder.
- Continuously stir the ingredients until cooked to your preference
- Season with salt and pour the lemon juice.
- Total Calories: 330
- Carbs 53.3g
- Fat 8.4g
- Protein 12.7g
Benefits of Sprouts:
- They provide a powerful source of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, enzymes that fight free radicals as sprouting can increase their potency by 20 times or more
- Because they are oxygen dense, they protect the body against bacteria, virus and abnormal cell growth.
- Vitamins, such as A, B, C, and E, and essential fatty acid nutrients increase in sprouting, and minerals bind to protein, making them easily absorbed.
- Sprouted seeds, grains, legumes or nuts help support cell regeneration.
About SpiceBox Organics
SpiceBox Organics is a boutique USDA National Organic Program certified organic food store and café, and a socially conscious company that specializes in the sourcing and distribution of high-quality food that is healthy, environmentally friendly and tasty. Located in Mid-Levels and Kennedy Town, SpiceBox Organics offers over 1000 products, freshly prepared grab & go meals, and full-service café counters. Known as Hong Kong’s one-stop-shop for all organic pantry needs and more, the company’s mission “the conscious choice” aims to inspire and educate the local community on making better food choices.
Interested in more?
6 steps to turning messy ideas into concrete next steps with The British Chamber of Commerce3rd November
From Healthy Kids Menu to Asian-Inspired Delights: SpiceBox Organics Revamps Catering Services, Championing Sustainability and Clean Eating in Hong Kong12th October