FOOD MADE GOOD IS HIRING!
Are you a sustainability professional with an entrepreneurial mindset? Food Made Good is growing! We are looking for an enthusiastic Sustainability Strategist / Project Manager – please do take a look at the role description below and get in touch if your experience matches this role!
SUSTAINABILITY STRATEGIST / PROJECT MANAGER
5 days per week at Wong Chuk Hang, Hong Kong
Experience: 6+ years
Visa Support Available
ABOUT FOOD MADE GOOD
Our mission is to help foodservice businesses (and increasingly food retailers) to operate more sustainably, and our vision is that by doing so at scale, we can create a sustainable food system. Our core value is turning passion into action. Our Headquarters are in London, and we also have offices in Japan and Greece.
Food Made Good HK is HK’s go-to food sustainability consultancy with a membership arm helping restaurants become more sustainable and diners make more sustainable choices when dining out. Our members include a broad range of foodservice providers and suppliers, including neighborhood favourites, high street chains, pubs, workplace canteens to Michelin-starred fine dining restaurants.
ABOUT THE TEAM
We are a small yet agile team of five in Hong Kong who have a diverse range of backgrounds, from food policy, nutrition, supply chain, sustainable development and economics, but most importantly we are all passionate about changing the food landscape in Hong Kong. As a small start up, we have to take a flexible approach, and support each other to be a fast-acting high-performing team. We also work closely with the global Food Made Good team, especially the London HQ.
The role of the Sustainability Strategist is to lead the Consultancy Programmes and to ensure its ongoing success. The Consultancy pillar is one of the core commercial income streams, and allows the organisation to support partners by delivering bespoke programmes to tackle identified sustainability issues, whilst contributing to our mission of normalising sustainability in the foodservice sector. Examples of our consultancy programmes include: training, auditing, engagement, research, strategy and benchmarking.
The Sustainability Strategist will take on responsibility for all elements of this area of work (with the support of the CEO). This includes: scoping out new business opportunities, the writing of proposals, design of projects to meet partners needs, the execution and the evaluation. The postholder also needs to ensure that programmes are delivered on time and budget.
In addition to the Consultancy pillar, the Sustainability Strategist will provide support and coaching to the Membership pillar, specifically ensuring that all activities delivered across the two channels are aligned, strategic and commercially viable.
More generally, the post-holder will understand the challenges facing the food system or be willing to learn quickly on the topic, and will be ambitious in articulation of the solutions. You are passionate about helping people understand the positive impact that we can have on the planet through the food we choose to put on our plates, and you are interested in sharing knowledge, ideas, resources and solutions.
- Work with existing and prospective clients to develop project briefs and scoping requirements
- Design and develop projects that encourage and enable our clients to commit to and practice transformative sustainability strategies
- Keep on top of the latest trends, legislation, standards, insights and best practices across the sector
- Ensure the effective delivery of bespoke consultancy programmes to clients in a timely manner and to budget
- Reporting of programme delivery and results of activities in accordance to clients requirements
Client Relationship Management
- Develop and manage long term client relationships, clearly understanding their needs and opportunities
- Build strong relationships with key contacts and establish effective ways of working, understanding client internal, organisational, and political structures
- Maximise the marketing and communication opportunities of Food Made Good through partners
New Business Development
- Successful writing of proposals for bespoke strategic consultancy programmes with new and existing clients
- Support wider team with lead generation and pitching for membership recruitment
- Build the capacity of the team and deliver ongoing reporting on the status of sales pipeline of opportunities
- Represent the organisation at events, networking and identifying additional opportunities
- Position Food Made Good as a leader in sustainability through our network of partners
- Proactively find opportunities to publicly raise the profile of Food Made Good
- Undergraduate and Master’s Degree – social or environmental sciences, and food disciplines will be advantageous
- Commercially astute, with experience in finding commercial opportunities and driving new business
- Strategic and critical thinker with experience in designing and implementing programmes to achieve common objectives
- Experience developing and writing strategy documents (inc. policy mapping, gap analysis)
- Excellent Project Management skills, with experience delivering programmes to time and budget
- Experience managing key client relationships
- Native level English (written and verbal) communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and detail minded
- Must have a strong passion and interest in both the food sector and sustainability
- Proficiency in Google Suite and MS Office applications
- A proactive nature, with a willingness to learn and be solutions-focussed
- Experience with problem solving tools such as: Systems Thinking, Design thinking, Futures Thinking
- Experience using IT software: Salesforce, WordPress, Mural
- Experience working in the foodservice and retail sector
- Closing date (EXTENDED): 24 November / Expected start date: 1 January 2022
- For any questions relating to the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Only successful applicants for interview will be contacted. Please send your CV and one page cover letter to us email@example.com
- An onsite task will be administered prior to the interview and delivered as part of the interview process
- Candidates not invited for interviews within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and the applications will be disposed of by FMG HK within 12 months.
Committed to attracting and retaining a diverse team, Food Made Good will consider your experiences, perspectives and unique identity. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming where cultural diversity is celebrated and valued. Diversity is a core value of Food Made Good HK.
Interested in more?
6 steps to turning messy ideas into concrete next steps with The British Chamber of Commerce3rd November
From Healthy Kids Menu to Asian-Inspired Delights: SpiceBox Organics Revamps Catering Services, Championing Sustainability and Clean Eating in Hong Kong12th October